Bottom margin vs. descenders question

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Jun 26 22:28:35 CEST 2020

On 26/06/2020 19:12, Jim Diamond via texhax wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 16:29 (+0100), Peter Flynn wrote:
>> If you're on Linux, install screenruler from your distribution's
>> repositories (eg using sudo apt install screenruler)
>
> I have only been able to find a version of screenruler (which I
> think is a great program) for GTK2, and one of my systems has moved
> on.  By any chance, does your version of screenruler work with GTK3?

The copy I installed under Mint 19.2 says

    Screen Ruler 0.96 © 2020 Ian McIntosh

The man page makes no mention of whether it uses GTK2 or GTK3, and I
have both installed, so I don't know which it's using, although given
that it's a 2020 version, I would assume GTK3. The author's address is
in the man page.

Peter