problem with a variable in pdfinfo, probably something obvious

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 17 17:27:58 CEST 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 04:08:51PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
>    Now even harder to guess with no example code at all:_)
>    But in
>    with variants of this,
>    \newcommand{\mjmpagex}{\@@input \mjmbasename.last_page }
>    %\mjmaddbib{pages}{
>    \makeatletter
>    %\@@input \mjmbasename.last\_page
>    \mjmaddbib{pages}{\@@input \mjmbasename.last_page }
>    %\mjmaddbib{pages}{\mjmpagex}
>    \makeatother
>    %}
>     %}
>    %\mjmpagex
>    %\mjmaddbib{pages}{\mjmpagex}
>    you are missing \makeatletter before the first definition

Thanks, I finally just made another kluge for now and
it apparently works. I have a build script that makes
all these files like "last_page" anyway and it can become
a pattern now :) The build script just generated the
required stuff as shown below. I think for now I will
make a more general feature in the build script
for this thing as I have enough generated include
files to generalize it.

exifutil -list covid19.pdf | grep X-bib
[...]
X-bib-author 1id                : orcid.org/0000-0001-9237-455X
X-bib-pages                     : 28
X-bib-filename                  : covid19

\mjmaddbib{author1id}{orcid.org/0000-0001-9237-455X}
\input{\mjmbasename.bib_crap}
%\newcommand{\mjmpagex}{\@@input \mjmbasename.last_page }
%\mjmaddbib{pages}{
%\makeatletter
%\@@input \mjmbasename.last\_page
%\mjmaddbib{pages}{\@@input \mjmbasename.last_page }
%\mjmaddbib{pages}{\@@input \mjmbasename.last_page }
%\mjmaddbib{pages}{\mjmpagex}
%\makeatother
%}

cat covid19.bib_crap
\hypersetup{ pdfinfo={ x-bib-pages = {28}}}

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox
marchywka at hotmail.com