Resetting left and right page styles mid-document

Jaron Kent-Dobias pants at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Jun 16 17:49:05 CEST 2020

Hello,

I'm preparing to submit my PhD thesis, which is written in the memoir
class, and I have a unique problem: examination of other thesis printed
by our thesis preparer shows that they insert an extra copyright splash
page immediately after the title page, even in the printed copies. This
will obviously ruin any formatting that differs between left- and
right-sided pages.

Can the left/right page marker be reset at a point in the document to
account for this? Such a solution would have LaTeX output a file with
page styles

Right, Right, Left, Right, Left, …

to account for future insertion of the extra page. My best solution
right now is to add an extra blank page in LaTeX and remove it with
pdftk, but without extra work this spoils the document bookmarks.

Jaron