Bug in longtable: \endlastfoot has no effect inside mdframed environment

Adrian Vollmer texhax at vollmer.syss.de
Wed Jun 3 08:31:48 CEST 2020

Hello everyone,

I originally noticed this bug in the package `ltablex`. However, it
appears that it traces back to `longtable`. Herbert Voß advised me to
post this here [1]. Hopefully, someone here can point me in the right
direction on how to fix or find a workaround for this bug.

Consider this MWE:

    \documentclass{article}
    \usepackage{mdframed}
    \usepackage{longtable}
    \begin{document}
    \begin{mdframed}
    \begin{longtable}{ll}%
    foot
    \endlastfoot
    one & two \\
    \end{longtable}
    \end{mdframed}
    \end{document}

One would expect the word "foot" to appear at the bottom of the table,
but it doesn't. It works as expected if you remove the `mdframed`
environment.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adrian