[EXT] Embedded fonts

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jan 23 23:30:01 CET 2020

Djones9976 wrote:

> I used TexShop editor.  The following is the front matter.

OK, that may help, but as I am completely unfamiliar with TeXShop I
cannot know whether you push just one button and a PDF miraculously
comes out, or whether you need to instruct it to compile the source,
convert the resulting output (which might be DVI, PostScript, PDF, or
perhaps something else) into PDF and so on.  Anyhow, I see that TeXShop
is an Apple Macintosh program, so you may do better to ask on an Apple
Macintosh list (e.g,. the MacOSX-TeX mailing list
<https://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex>).  I also note
that the most recent version of TeXShop is 4.44; if you are running
TeXShop 0.4.2 (which is the version referenced in the documentation you
cite), you may wish to update to a more recent version.  Perhaps
/Embedding fonts with TeXShop/
<https://www.tug.org/mactex/fonts/AboutEmbedding.pdf> might be of more
use, since your problem lies with font embedding rather than file encoding.

Philip Taylor
--------