Writing a de-psfagger

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 15:28:25 CET 2020

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:54:33PM +0000, David Carlisle wrote:
> If you run tex first with --recorder you could pick up the file paths
> from its log rather than having to re-implement the logic, handling
> texinputs path is easy enough as you can use kpsewhich or equivalent
> but \graphicspath may be hidden behind arbitrary layers of tex macros,
> so you really need a tex engine or a pretty accurate perl emulation
> such as latexml.

I was going to suggest this but due to the philosophy of " go right to
the source and ask the horse"- if you want to make sure you get the "right"
file see what TeXt thinks. I just wrote a parser for the build output
to go get all the files, run a checksum etc on each and then include that
list in the output pdf file ( this screws up the checksum for things that change
like the outputi and checksum tex file  but obviously there
is not much you can do there except include that elsewhere although maybe
there is a means to insert it by a utility that knows it is there to check :) ).
I also did this to determine how many pages were in the text- the alternatives
I found online did not seem too robust and I already had the log parsing
logic. It may be a kluge but it seems to work. I also created a bunch
of utilities to deal with kpathsea- appending and prepending junk mostly.
I have a constant problems with versions and need to prepend overrides
sometimes. Postpended local and lib directories can vary depending on what
I may do.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox