any advice for trying to print a small newspaper/newsletter?

Christopher W Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Fri Feb 21 01:58:46 CET 2020

I am on the board of trustees of our local public library. Traditionally,
the two libraries in our town produce and mail, to all the households in
our town, a summer newsletter/newspaper. Roughly 4 pages, but on one larger
sheet of paper, folded in the middle.  In color. Here is an example:

http://gfjlibrary.org/TOUNewsletters/2019TOUFlyer.pdf

Staff writes the content, and then we've traditionally used a commercial
art/design/printing firm.  In the interest of our budget, any thoughts on
how I might do this in LaTeX, generating a pdf, and then we'd just have to
pay for the printing?  Any packages or strategies you'd recommend? Anyone
else done something similar?

Thanks.

Chris Ryan