Which font is this? Is there an equivalnet for use in plain TeX?

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Tue Dec 29 21:00:51 CET 2020

PT> From: Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk>
PT> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 19:52:06 +0000

>> (Of course, this is fun for a programmer loving programming in plain
>> TeX, but not for an unexperienced end user that just needs to write
>> a document, possibly with a deadline.)

PT> There I could not agree more.  But perhaps "inexperienced end users that
PT> just need to write a document, possibly with a deadline" should use
PT> Microsoft Word.  TeX is surely intended for those that want to do /more/
PT> than "just write a document", would you not agree ?

I definitely disagree.  One of the consequences of the new front ends
to TeX (Overleaf here is one of the most striking examples) is that
there is no longer a real need for the monstrosity of word
processing.

In my exprience the users who recently switched from expensive and
bloated Office products to the Google docs are ready for another
switch to Overleaf.  This opens a lot of interesting prospects for TeX
for a casual user.  I am rather optimistic here.

--
Good luck

-Boris

Abstainer:  A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure.  A total abstainer is one who abstains from everything but
abstention, and especially from inactivity in the affairs of others.
		-- Ambrose Bierce