Unable to install TeXLive

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 22:34:05 CEST 2020

>> I am unable to install TeXLive. The error is
>> '""C:\Users\Frijoles' is not recognized as an internal or external
>> command,
>> operable program or batch file.
>> My username is "Frijoles Con Arroz", but it looks like the batch file
>> fails to account for users with spaces in their names and I don't know how
>> to fix it. It's probably a simple fix though to someone who knows what
>> they're doing. If nothing else, can you tell me which lines of
>> install-tl-windows.bat I could just hard-code the proper path into? Thanks
>> so much!
>>
>> --
>> *Matthew Elmer '22*
>> *AERO **(CSCE minor)*
>> *VP Internal, TAMU AIAA*
>> *Texas A&M University*
>>

>>  Can you install tex-live in the default directory (c:\texlive\2020 on my
PC)?   In that case, the spaces in your name should not give you a
problem.   Have you tried an off-line installation as described in
https://medium.com/@ptantiku/texlive-offline-installation-for-windows-38aab4e3500b.
there is a portable version of Miktex available on the Miktex web site.
There are also portable versions of Tex-live (
https://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#tlportable). You
have many choices.  While the suggestions above should solve your immediate
problem you would be better avoiding spaces in directory names.  You will
likely run into other problems at some stage in the future.