www type bibtex entries - generating bibtex for webpages + prior theme.

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Mon Sep 16 12:02:17 CEST 2019

On 16/09/2019 10:04, Mike Marchywka wrote:
> Yeah if they are equivalent and reversibly convertable it does not
> matter much which one the human reads and write.

The reversibly convertible shouldn't be needed if the master XML file is
safely preserved. But there are war stories about people who no longer
have the original, and only the (eg) LaTeX or HTML derivative, and want
to reverse-engineer the XML.

> Anyone use JSON like files for anything?

You can't use JSON for normal continuous text in Mixed Content. JSON is
largely unreadable by humans, as it's intended as a feed source for
programs. But for categorical rectangular data (eg spreadsheets,
database tables, etc) it's probably more tractable than XML. See the
article in the XML FAQ at http://xml.silmaril.ie/json.html

> Originally I was trying to contrast the idea of latex-like emails
> with say html. If you wanted to read the stuff that came in over the
> wire (ignoring transfer encoding etc lol )  because rendering was not
> worth the effort, the latex would likely be easier and then since it
> has more logical strcuture you could modify the layout as I have been
> playing with.

I think mutt can use LaTeX to render emails.

Peter