www type bibtex entries - generating bibtex for webpages + prior theme.

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 00:43:18 CEST 2019

Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> writes in part:

> . . .
> Mostly, yes. It's pretty trivial to write XSLT to convert the XML to
>
> \documentclass{book}
> \usepackage{celt}
> \begin{document}
> \title{A Brife description of Ireland: made in this yeere.
> 	  1589. By Robert Payne}
> . . .

LaTeX written this way will likely be harder for a human to
read than LaTeX written by a human.  For example, every
instance of \TeX must, absent clumsy look-ahead, be written
as \TeX{}, and every newline in an XML <para> must be
converted to a space with the result that a <para> of, say,
10 lines, will, absent an algorithm for line width control,
come out as a single very long line in translated LaTeX.

My other observation here is that there are libraries in
various well-known computer languages that facilitate
translating SGML or XML document types to other document
types or formats.  I prefer Perl.

                              -- Bill

Email: hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
       gellmu at gmail.com