pdflatex not finding local files in Win 10

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:11:18 CEST 2019

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 08:27:03AM +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:
>    does running
>
>    texhash
>
>    help?
>
>    I do not remember if texmf-local is always searched or needs to have its contents presearched via texhash
>
>    There is also an interface for this in the texlive manager (Update filename database)

Are there any kpse utilities that may help at least if you have cygwin ? I got familiar with some of these just
doing a new install and ended up writing my own bash scripts to pre and post pend
specific paths to the installed ones. It looks like first query  kpsewhich for current value,

valorig=`kpsewhich -var-value=$var`

add some new stuff and advertise the result,

concat "$val" "$valorig"
kpse_has || export $var="$valorig$sep{{}$val}//"

see if anything changed and run texhash,

valfinal=`kpsewhich -var-value=$var`
[ "$valorig" == "$valfinal" ] || texhash "$val"

run on three variables apparently tex uses at various times,

. kpse_util prp TEXINPUTS  $over
. kpse_util prp BSTINPUTS  $over
. kpse_util prp BIBINPUTS  $over

--