embedding self-describing bibtex in dvi or pdf

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:01:05 CET 2019

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 11:53:58AM +0100, Uwe Ziegenhagen wrote:
>    Would something like attachfile help you?
>    [http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/attachfile/attachfile.pdf]http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/attachfile/attachf
>    ile.pdf
>    You could simply attach the bib file.

Thnks, in fact attaching the bib file is the example they use :)
Does anyone use this and what is the best way to extract it without
user intervention? I guess ideally it would not be just a file but
a set of arbitrary key-value pairs another utility could read like pdfinfo
but if it is there and can be found without having to parse whole
pdf file that is great too. Does this work for dvi or just pdf?

If commonly used, that fixes the bibtex search for a large class of documents.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox
marchywka at hotmail.com