embedding self-describing bibtex in dvi or pdf

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:31:24 CET 2019

Do these or other formats support this ?
For the DVI I can make a special that could be discovered with a dvi
interpretter or just a dumb file reader if it is unique enough. PDF I know
has a lot of flexibility but not sure what exists for this or if there
already is a well known generally accepted approach to put in
machine readable citation info.

I could imagine tex macro for self info fields but not sure I have ever
seen one.  pdfinfo comes close for pdf, I guess if you could add arbitrary
key-value pairs this would work . What existing tex would let me insert stuff
here to read later for bibtex extraction?

pdfinfo cases.pdf
Title:
Creator:        LaTeX with hyperref package
Producer:       pdfTeX-1.40.16
CreationDate:   Tue Oct 29 04:51:45 2019
ModDate:        Tue Oct 29 04:51:45 2019
Tagged:         no
UserProperties: no
Suspects:       no
Form:           none