to tilde or not to tilde

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 7 12:49:55 CEST 2019

 Paulo:

> Yeahhh...journals accept a bunch is BS, serious ones do refuse it.
> Plos is a serious outlet, but have no experience with TeX.

They do accept LaTeX but force users to insert their bibliography into
the tex file, which means they cannot (trivially) change their
reference format in the future.

> You should get a few well typeset texts - specially from the 19th
> century and check them out.

Maybe you could suggest some online cases?  You are leaving the
definition of "well typeset" to me and I believe that including commas
and periods in equations helps readability!

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health