jpg/latex

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sat Nov 16 20:49:41 CET 2019

On 16/11/2019 19:04, Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] via texhax wrote:
> Walt:
>
> As Peter Flynn explained, LaTeX cannot use JPG, it uses eps.  I use
> LaTeX all the time.  The simplest solution is to convert the image to
> eps.

You certainly can, but all that does is create a character-based
encoding of the image and enclose it in an EPS wrapper. The result is
many times the size of the original JPG.

Unless you NEED to create Postscript (some printers RIPs do still only
accept PS files) then you should switch to pdflatex or xelatex.

Peter