installing Textures on Mac

Paul Campbell campbell at beloit.edu
Wed May 29 17:52:38 CEST 2019

> On May 28, 2019, at 4:35 PM, Stacey Harris <stacey.harris at slu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi, Paul,
>
> Thanks for writing!  But I don't seem to know what to do to fix things 😞   I've tried putting all those files in a folder that contains Textures, but that doesn't do anything.
>
> Funny thing I notices is that I had a bunch of Windows files in my download; so I'm wondering if I got corrupted stuff.  I thought about downloading again--just starting over--but now I can't locate the free version.  Do you know where to find it?

Stacey,

I don’t know offhand where on the Web it can be found these days, but I archived a clean copy, including a mysterious email from the author of Textures—mysterious because it appears to have been sent after his death!

That email gives some details about what to do to get the system to work, notably the need to lock some files before starting the program up.

Let me know if you can get things working…

Best wishes,

Paul C