How to get a texdoc in a window

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Mar 31 20:54:29 CEST 2019

On 30/03/2019 23:15, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> There *is* competition for decades.  The Cherry G80 keyboards are
> *much* better.  Unfortunately they are about twice as expensive as
> they've been in the early nineties.  Don't expect to get such a
> keyboard for less than 100 €.

Interesting, thank you very much. I'd never heard of them (mainly
because I've never needed to look). A second-hand IBM Model M will cost
about €300 in eBay, so this sounds very reasonable.
> I used IBM keyboards with pleasure in the past.  However, though they
> are amazingly resilient, they are not immortal.

Close, though :-)

> Nothing can beat the G80 keyboard I used at the university.  I could
> write much faster than on any other keyboard I used later, including
> the IBM keyboards.

Good recommendation.

> At least it's completely wrong to assume that IBM is the only
> manufacturer of good keyboards.  You probably didn't look for
> competitors because the IBM stuff is so resilient.

That's it. I will investigate further — it would be good to have a
replacement lined up in case of disasters.

Peter