indexing help

Julius Dittmar Julius.Dittmar at gmx.de
Thu Mar 7 23:21:04 CET 2019

Am 07.03.19 um 22:36 schrieb Don Gingrich:
> 2) For musical reasons, I prefer that each score / PDF is two pages
> and stars on an even (left) page so that there is no need to flip
> pages part way through a piece  -- but there are a few 1 page scores
> that need a blank following page to get back to the "required"
> organisation

For my song book I needed the same thing, and additionally the
possibilty to enforce starting on an odd page (for songs three or more
pages long where page turning is better done after the first page than
after the second one). Here's my solution:

% force the following content to appear on an odd page:
\newcommand{\ForceOddPage}{%
        \ifodd\value{page}%
        \else%
                \thispagestyle{plain}%
                \rule{0pt}{1pt}%
                \newpage%
        \fi%
}
% begin a new page and make sure the next content appears on an odd page:
\newcommand{\newpageForceOdd}{\newpage\ForceOddPage}
% force the following content to appear on an even page:
\newcommand{\ForceEvenPage}{%
        \ifodd\value{page}%
                \thispagestyle{plain}%
                \rule{0pt}{1pt}%
                \newpage%
        \fi%
}
% begin a new page and make sure the next content appears on an even page:
\newcommand{\newpageForceEven}{\newpage\ForceEvenPage}

HTH,
Julius Dittmar