Use of TeX

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Mar 6 12:30:18 CET 2019

On 05/03/2019 10:55, Brian Dunn wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 09:34:50 +0000
> Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone on Antarctica using TeX that we know of?
>
> Try a quick search for "Antarctica arxiv" to find relevant research papers.

Thank you...very productive: I contacted a very helpful author and the
answer is Yes, LaTeX is known in/on Antarctica, but not used very often
during a visit, as the scientists are too busy actually doing the
research in the restricted time and circumstances available to do much
writing.

LaTeX would certainly be used, perhaps extensively, in writing up the
research *after* a visit, but that's not in or on Antarctica.

But we can accurately say that LaTeX is used in all continents of the
planet.

Peter