what is the closest thing that exists to a dvi "terminal?"

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 14:41:20 CEST 2019

Previously I mentioned I found xdvik as a good starting point for playing with some dvi generating
code. Particularly, I wanted to change the layout in respone to keystrokes. Each key could modify
the source tex-like code and generate incremental bits of dvi. This is sort of a small subset
of what-you-see-is-what-you-get designed to view documents defined by a logical structure
with a tex-like syntax ( allowing the docuement source code to be human readable ).
The keystrokes would largely just change visibility of groups of text in the document.
I was curious though if there is an existing c library to opens a window and
just keeps typsetting dvi as it is received.

Thanks.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox