[FORGED] Re: Chemical structures with plain TeX --- redux.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jul 7 04:39:23 CEST 2019

I'm re-sending this email since I noticed some wrong and omitted words
which might perhaps make my English incomprehensible! :-)

On 7/07/19 1:02 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> On 2019-07-07 at 10:20:05 +1200, Rolf Turner wrote:
>
>   > I think that in the context of the current "discussion" the following
>   > quote (origin unknown) is relevant:
> >   > There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be,
>   > any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to
>   > write bad code.
>
> This is not the point.  Phil suggests a user interface in plain
> English so that the code is comprehensible even without the need to
> consult any manuals.

  <SNIP>

But that *is* the point.  Even if the interface were designed to use
"plain English" (whatever *that* means) it would still not be the least
bit difficult to write bad (i.e. incomprehensible) code.

Just think about the amount of "ordinary" English writing that one reads
  which is incomprehensible!

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--