Page break problem

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:31:38 CEST 2019

I suppose you are looking for

\lineskip=1pt plus 1sp

 But really this setting is unspeakably ugly, not only is the vertical list
of the main page underfull which is why you are needing the strange stretch
component for baselineskip (and  now lineskip) but also you have all this
inline math with large fractions that do not fit within the specified
baselineskip. (This is forcing lineskip spacing and so the previously
assigned stretchy \baselineskip was not used. But whenever \lineskip is
used it is a sign that something is wrong and you should increase
baselineskip, or set the mathematics in a more cramped style as otherwise
the interline spacing within the paragraph is inconsistent,

David