baposter

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Aug 2 21:47:48 CEST 2019

On 02/08/2019 18:36, Gordon Haverland wrote:
> [...] It seems that many
> years ago, root created a texmf directory in my HOME directory.

~/texmf should be owned by you, not root. Change the ownership -R to you
and it should be fine.

This location is called your Personal TeX Directory, and its where you
should install anything that is a manual update or non-CTAN
installation. See
http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/personal.html

> The documentation I seem to find on xebaposter, seems to imply it is
> for Persian (and some other language) applications.  Not that it is an
> extension of baposter.

The name would imply that it is for use with XeTeX or XeLaTeX rather
than with latex or pdflatex.

Peter