Apr19 TUG news: accessibility grant, season of docs, conferences, ctan

Carlos linguafalsa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:54:21 CEST 2019

> Google does not claim any rights
> to the documentation.

But according to the https://developers.google.com/terms/  the above is not
explicitly stated. And what a bunch of terms!

Karl, when I read the following from
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas

Build a documentation site on a platform to be decided by the technical
>> writer and open source mentor, and publish an initial set of basic
>> documents on the site. Examples of platforms include:
>

>> Read the Docs
>
> A static site generator such as Hugo, Jekyll, Sphinx, and more
>
> GitHub Pages

Since I have prior experience with the above, I thought, 'what a nice
idea!' I truly did.

But the idea is also to have something constructive in the end. And I think
I was also very clear about this.

Someone may say: 'And who asked for your opinion?' And I would reply to
give me a reason, and a valid reason that is, or else zip it, as to why do
I have to hold my opinion. I don't have to hold my opinion. You either like
it, you dislike it, or the person asking this preconceived set of rules
should hold his/her opinions in return. Perhaps then, constructive
dialogue, although unlikely, may be possible.

And I don't want to engage on a tit-for-tat reciprocity either. So let's
move on.