[texhax] \boxit

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:51:04 CEST 2018

Hi all.

In the following example, to be processed simply with `text file', the left box
is bottomed down, whereas I want it `toped' up at the same level as the right
box.  How could I change the definition of \boxit so to do that...?  I tried to
turn the two occurrences of \vbox into \vtop, but then there is an undesired
side effect: the two boxes are lowered down a bit, that I don't want...

Thanks for any help.

Rodolfo

\long\def\boxit#1{%
  \vbox{%
    \hrule
    \hbox{%
      \vrule
      \kern3pt
      \vbox{\kern3pt\parindent = 0pt #1\kern3pt}%
      \kern3pt
      \vrule
    }%
    \hrule
  }%
}%

\hbox{\boxit{\hsize2cmhallo}%
\boxit{\hsize2cm to be or not to be, that is the question}}

\bye