[texhax] Inability to access www.tug.org

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chyavana at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:47:51 CEST 2018

Dear Folks at TUG,

I live in India and have been trying to access www.tug.org for several
days to get the link to the 2018 TeXLive torrent. Please see my query on
TeX Stackexhange:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/437751/where-can-i-get-the-texlive-2018-torrent-file/437854#437854

After extensive investigation by RailWire, my ISP in India, they have
determined that my IP is blacklisted by TUG.

My public IP address at present is 103.66.79.107.

Since I do not indulge in any Internet hanky-panky, I am a little
puzzled by this. It is likely that someone else in my IP address pool is
the cause of this problem, but that is just my uneducated guess.

In any case, can you help me out by un-black-listing my IP address.

If possible, revealing the reason for the blacklisting, so that my ISP
can solve the problem once and for all.

I am unsure how many more sites have so blacklisted me and your detailed
response will help greatly in reducing the number of inaccessible
websites for me.

Many thanks.

Dr R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
2018-06-27
+91-8778-585-150

cc. Mr Karthik K: Network Support Team | MSP.RICT | RailWire |
support.tn at railwire.co.in