[texhax] Using pdfmerge

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:25:22 CET 2018

I don't have a real answer but I had just split up a pdf file with ImageMagick and it looked like
it may have been slightly degraded. Curious if others have done this or suggest explanations
or alternatives. This was a multipage report I wanted to insert as an appendix in a document
I'm collating or authoring. If you are trying to create typeset quality documents however
why not just use pdftotext and extract the text from the pdf file and then edit it with latex
commands and make a normal document rather than a collage of images?

For scanned source documents, anyone have comments on OCR software?
I'd looked years ago but IIRC this is a problem.
Thanks.