[texhax] Using pdfmerge

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 5 19:40:35 CET 2018

Pdfpages provides a facility pdfmerge for merging pdf files and even for merging and trimming.  What I need to know is a way of doing this, but trimming the pages by a different amount.  What I am trying to do is merge a letter of recommendation, which is half a page long, with my department letterhead, which is only a couple inches.  If I trim the bottom half from each one, there is a half page of letterhead, a lot of whitespace and the letter jammed at the bottom.  I have tried trimming separately and then merging, but that produces full size pages and doesn't help.

Michael