[texhax] pdftex and Unicode

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 22:41:44 CEST 2018

Bob Tennent wrote on 08/26/2018 11:00 AM:

>  >|
>  >|How would I force the use of the cm-super family of fonts instead of LM?

> Try
>
> \font\tt="[cmuntt]"

Thank you very much. Works great in the simple test program.

The font seems to misbehave in the actual original TeX source file, though.
I'll have to investigate further and see what's happening there.

(The glyph is the correct glyph when I use your /font/tt command, but for some
reason nested boxes aren't behaving the way that they did when I didn't
redefine \tt. If I can't figure out what's happening, I'll be back with that
as a question with a stripped-down example file :-) )

> texdoc xetex
>
> will give you the details.

Unfortunately:

[HN:] texdoc xetex
[HN:] /usr/bin/xdg-open: 709: /usr/bin/xdg-open: : Permission denied
[HN:]

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans