[texhax] Conversion otf -> tfm

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Mon Aug 20 14:09:41 CEST 2018

 >|$ tex test
 >|This is TeX, Version 3.14159265 (TeX Live 2019/dev/Debian) (preloaded
 >|format=tex
 >|(./test.tex [1] )
 >|Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 280 bytes).
 >|Transcript written on test.log.
 >|

 >|$ xdvi test
 >|xdvi.bin: Warning: Checksum mismatch (dvi = 3098173206, vf = 2401169051)
 >|in fontman.vf
 >|
 >|kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
 >|600 VectoraL
 >|mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for
 >|VectoraLTPro-Roman--base.
 >|mktexpk: perhaps VectoraLTPro-Roman--base is missing from the map file.
 >|kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
 >|xdvi: Can't find pixel font VectoraLTPro-Roman--base; using cmr10 instead
 >|at 600
 >|

 >|What now...?

autoinst is intended to provide support files for use with
LaTeX, not plain TeX.  Presumably plain TeX would work if
you were to use the appropriate font name but I don't know
what that would be.

And autoinst is intended to be used with a font *family*,
not an individual font. Is VectoraLTPro-Roman.otf the only
VectoraLTPro font you have?

Bob T.