[texhax] help !!!!

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Mar 18 03:42:38 CET 2017

On 18/03/17 12:26, marcel.ausloos at ulg.ac.be wrote:

> hi
>
> dear Manager,
>
> I apologize if this email looks rude, but I 'm tired about this
>
> I'm trying to upload the tex file "untitled" on the web site of a
> journal (Intern Small business journal) and it does not compile on the
> journal web site
>
> see attachments
>
> but it works on my mac
>
> I asked for help at the journal; no way
>
> can you help me a little bit

No.  At least not yet.

To start with, you are confused.  There is no "Manager" --- this is a
public mailing list; subscribers to the list will (may) read your email,
and if they are so inclined may choose to respond to it.  Voluntarily.
Graciously contributing their time and effort to the general well-being
of the TeX using community.

That being said, there are two major problems with your enquiry.

(1) You do not make clear what the actual problem is.  I have no idea
what you mean, or what you could *possibly* mean by "it does not compile
on the journal web site".  How can you compile a *.tex document "on a
web site"?  What commands did you issue?  What error messages resulted?

There appear to me to be no indications of problems in the "attached"
documents.

(2) I attempted to compile (run pdflatex on) the file Untitled.tex, on
my own laptop, to see if I could get any indication of problems.  I ran
into a roadblock in that a number of graphics files, e.g.
"Plot30TTA06TTA07best" (probably Plot30TTA06TTA07best.pdf) are needed,
but you have not provided them.

If you can ask a coherent meaningful question, then it is possible that
someone may be able to answer it.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

P.S.  It is also a good idea to use a meaningful subject line.  The
subject "help !!!" is vacuous and conveys nothing to the reader.

R. T.

--
Technical Editor ANZJS
Department of Statistics