[texhax] pdfpages

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jul 31 08:19:32 CEST 2017

On 30/07/2017 23:31, Michael Barr wrote:
> Link:
> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/camera-user-manual.
> The actual camera is Powershot SX200.  But I discovered that if I even
> printed a page, the word copy is superimposed on the page.
>
> I don't understand the second sentence of your note.  What is page
> imposition?

"/*Imposition*///is one of the fundamental steps in the pre-press
printing process. It consists of the arrangement of the printed
product’s pages on the printer’s sheet, in order to obtain faster
printing, simplify binding and reduce paper waste. Correct imposition
minimizes printing time by maximizing the number of pages per
impression, reducing cost of press time and materials. To achieve this,
the printed sheet must be filled as fully as possible."

Adobe Reader DC can do page imposition for you; you don't need
pdfpages.  Print / Page Size & Handling / Multiple / 4.  The diagonal
[COPY] is watermarked into each page by Canon; I have successfully
removed such things in the past, and there are lots of commercial web
sites offering this as a service, but if you are really worried about it
you can probably order an original manual from Canon-US which would, of
course, be watermark-free.

** Phil.
--
<Signature>