[texhax] Getting \OptionNotUsed to show option on the screen

Hefferon, James S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Mon Jul 3 19:07:19 CEST 2017

A number of sources tell me that the \OptionNotUsed will print an informational message to the screen and the log (specifically, when processing hits \begin{document}).  I cannot get it to print.  I wonder what I am misunderstanding?

Here is test.cls:
\NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}
\ProvidesClass{test}[2014/08/16 Test LaTeX class]
\LoadClass[twocolumn]{article}
\DeclareOption{onecolumn}{\OptionNotUsed}
\DeclareOption*{\PassOptionsToClass{\CurrentOption}{article}}
\ProcessOptions\relax

Here is test.tex
\documentclass[onecolumn]{test}

\begin{document}
test test test
\end{document}

I don't get an error, I just don't get any mention of any unused options.

JIm

We are living in the longest timeline. Every other timeline has already ended in nuclear apocalypse. Whoever wrote humanity didn't intend for it to survive as long as we have, so now they have to write new material on the fly. We are living in the extra season of Humanity that nobody wanted but it was made anyways because the series made too much money to cancel.
  --SolTrainRnsOnHolGran