[texhax] include a pdf graphics file whose name includes a varying date

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:43:51 CET 2017

fwiw, as a point of discussion ( I still do not know what all tex has for scripting )
assuming hotmail does not mangle it, here is a script that generates a date in a standard
format and is then modified using tools that work with anything ( 'dohs users can get cygwin ).
Any generated literal can now be shared as a string without having to worry if different apps make
different names sometimes due to various quirks in defaults or other issues.
Once you have a code generator for tex, making code snippets for R or whatever is quite
easy. The code generator script can run and test the apps too ( I use an example I found on stack
exchange to validate bibtex entries).

$cat testscript

testdate()
{