[texhax] Download errors from ftp://tug.org

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 13 23:20:23 CET 2017

    It looks like the ftp://tug.org server ...

Nothing has changed with the tug.org ftp server in many years. It does
have a limited number of anonymous ftp connections (10), because it's
been my experience that are many clients which will consume every
available connection. I tried ftp just now and it worked fine, so I
don't think there is any error in the configuration.

I'm glad the Utah mirror is working better for you (thanks Nelson). If
it starts to fail, I recommend abandoning ftp and using rsync. Both tug
and utah are available by rsync, which is far more likely to succeed
than ftp. --best, karl.