[texhax] broken link for outocp

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Tue Apr 18 01:08:33 CEST 2017

Karl:

> Hi Tom - indeed, I have neglected to update all the omega-related web
> pages and documentation, since I know of nothing useful to point to.
> Patches welcome :).

Not likely from me ...

>     Does anyone know of an open source program that will convert
>     unicode to simple ascii?
>
> http://www.billposer.org/Software/uni2ascii.html
> (Probably available from distros and other places too.)
> E.g., I typically use uni2ascii -B -q.
>
> I find that it doesn't translate everything as I would like, but some
> simple sed post-processing fixes things up.

Thanks!!  It's likely to be better than the hack script I now use.

% fink list uni2ascii
Information about 10347 packages read in 19 seconds.
     uni2ascii        4.18-2       Converts text between Unicode and ASCII

> iconv can supposedly do it as well, but I have had much less luck with
> it than uni2ascii.

iconv is also available from fink but seems to require knowing
the initial coding.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator