[texhax] Problem with spaces in file path when used with "pdfpages" package

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Jul 16 16:34:36 CEST 2016

Am Sat, 16 Jul 2016 06:21:26 -0400 schrieb Jerry:

> I use the "pdfpages" package quite regularly. As long as the file path
> and name used in the "\includepdf{FILE}" is entered without any spaces
> everything is fine. However, if there are spaces in the path or file
> name, it fails. Unfortunately, most of the files and some of the paths
> do contain spaces.

Not on my PC. With the exception of some test files none of my files
and folders contains a space. In the long run you can avoid a lot of
(time consuming) problems by avoiding funning things like blanks,
non-ascii-chars, commas, parentheses etc in paths and file names.
Every tex solution to such problems are at least in parts OS
dependant and so can break if you move e.g. to a mac or linux.

> I have tried enclosing the file path in double quotes; however,
> that does not seem to work. Other than changing the file paths
> and names to exclude any spaces, is there any other way to make
> this work?

You can try the grffile package.

--
Ulrike Fischer