[texhax] Make article title appear all in caps --- LaTeX

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jul 14 15:33:18 CEST 2016

I would like to adjust a *.cls file so that the *article* title, as
produced by \maketitle is all upper case.

I know that this could of course be done by surrounding the text of the
title by \uppercase{ } in the LaTeX source file, but I want the "all
caps style" to be enforced automatically by the document class.  I have
fiddled a bit, sticking \uppercase{ } into the *.cls file in various
places, but to no avail.  Which is not surprising, since I haven't a
clue what I'm doing! :-)

Places where I thought I might be able to stick in a \uppercase include
a "\renewcommand\maketitle{..." and a "\def\@maketitle{...".  But I have
no real idea what the code means, so I am thrashing around in the dark.

Can anyone give me a helpful suggestion?  I can provide more detail
about the *.cls file (or provide the whole of the *.cls file) if that
would help.

Thanks for any constructive advice.

cheers,

Rolf Turner