[texhax] Any crazy math formulas for testing a TeX language interpreter

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 13 23:33:34 CET 2016

    where pdfTeX is finding/mapping the glyphs to use for the
    ecsx1200.tfm file.

Well, pdftex can use pk files, so in general one may not exist.  However:

    The only file with "ecsx" in its name I can find in the tree is the
    MetaFont ".mf" source file.  I need a ".pfb" or other file

>From psfonts.map:
ecsx1200 SFSX1200 " T1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <cm-super-t1.enc <sfsx1200.pfb

I.e., sfsx1200.pfb, part of cm-super, is used for ecsx1200.tfm.
In general, cm-super has the outlines for ec* tfms (and more.)

    that can be converted to ".otf".

Nothing to do with the case at hand, but even if one has only .mf, could
run mf at a high resolution, autotrace the bitmap, output an otf.
Fontforge can do all that pretty easily.

best,