[texhax] hyperref + rotating (was help)

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Sep 28 12:02:41 CEST 2015

Last midnight, Bob Scholtz was frightened by:
> I have a 700+ page book in LaTeX. I’ve recently used hyperref
> to insert internal links to the toc, figures, tables, examples,
> equation numbers, etc. It works beautifully except in one case:
>
> There is one table that was so wide that I used the sidewaystable
> environment from \usepackage[figuresright]{rotating}. The entry
> in the \listoftables correctly shows the page number (352) of the
> table location, but a click on the listing transfers the middle
> of the window to the top of page 347.
>
> The material printed on page 347 is well before the material in
> the LaTex file that immediately preceded the entry of the
> sidewaystable environment. Is this a bug of some sort?

hyperref has a magical command \phantomsection that heals
many problems. I don't know how use it very well, having learnt
about it on this list only. Maybe it helps to place \phantomsection
right before the sidewaystable environment.

And when a ghost appears to you at midnight, maybe it helps to
yell "\phantomsection!", at least the ghost then should fall apart.

Good luck,

    Uwe.