[texhax] Overpic and placing defined blocks of text

richard terry rterry at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 23 00:31:21 CEST 2015

Hi List,

Hope this reaches the list, my first post. To put this in context I've
used a little bit of latex, nothing really complex and relative novice
without a good computer brain.

I've just used it to print data out onto forms, sometimes generate
de-novo, at other times as in the case of this question, using overpic
to print onto an existing PDF form.

Mostly the text I have to put on the form is really basic like
name/address etc, in which case I just use \put.

I have several spots on my latest form I need to put a larger amount of
text in a text block at (x,y) with a certain width in cm and hieght in cm.

I've looked at a number of possible commands and can't seem to get any
to work.

I wondered if anyone who uses overpic can give me a concrete example
(not just the syntax)  of how to do this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Richard