[texhax] Aligning decimal point in table using "tabu"

Gerard E. Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Sep 21 18:01:46 CEST 2015

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:12:45 +0200, Ulrike Fischer stated:

> Am Mon, 21 Sep 2015 06:27:22 -0400 schrieb Gerard E. Seibert:
>
> > Thank you. I hate it when the documentation is wrong. I will have to drop
> > a line to the author/maintainer and see what they can do to correct it.
>
> I doubt that is it only the documentation which is wrong.
>
> > \newcolumntype Z{S[group-four-digits=true ,
>
> does work but then you no longer get "an S column from siunitx
> embedded into a X column".
>
> Imho tabu is buggy.

I am not very good at creating tables, even simple ones, in LaTeX. I have
used "tabu" because it lets me set the width of the table easily. Honestly,
when I have a semi-complex table to create, I use MS Excel to create the
table the way I want it to look, then save it as a PDF and import that into
my document. It may seem like a lot of work; however, when you consider how
much time I end up wasting tying to configure a table to look exactly how I
want it to, it is far quicker to do it in Excel and import it into my LaTeX
document.

--
Jerry