[texhax] Looking for a "pdf" printer

Gerard E. Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Sep 7 11:15:01 CEST 2015

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 23:01:50 -0600, Jeff Barnett stated:

> I hope this question is not too far afield for this venue. I'm using Win
> 7 Pro SP1 64 bit. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader for general use and
> Sumatra for use with pdf Latex, etc., through Winedt and MikTeX. What I
> don't have is a pseudo printer that will produce pdf files. I used to
> have Adobe Acrobat to perform that function; I didn't buy Acrobat for
> the new machine since it doesn't work and play well with my TeX tools.
> Any suggestions of a free and/or inexpensive pseudo pdf printer? Thank
> for any suggestions along this line.

I am using Adobe Acrobat DC on a Win 10 Pro machine with MiKTeX and am not
experiencing any problems whatsoever. I did not buy it either, but rather
purchased a one year subscription. It is way cheaper and I always have the
latest updates and fixes.

Anyway, exactly what problems were you experiencing?

--
Jerry