[texhax] Fwd: Re: unable to install texlive

Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 1 23:43:05 CEST 2015

Herb and Axel:

> On the DVD the MacTeX install is done in two stages.
> You're mixing installations ---previously, you obviously used MacTeX to
> install TeXLive, and MacTeX takes care of creating the PATH for TeXLive; now,
> you're using install-tl, with which *you* have to set the PATH.

Thanks for the explanations.  I had indeed confused the methods.  I
went back to the usual MacTeX installation and had a clean install now
with the two stages.  Bravo!

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  https://schneider.ncifcrf.gov (current link)