[texhax] seeking style of bib-entry

Ron RJF Fehd ron.fehd.macro.maven at gmail.com
Sun May 3 17:48:26 CEST 2015

> From: "Hefferon, James S." wrote
>
> I'm looking for a certain citation style and having trouble finding it in
LaTeX.
> I'd appreciate a pointer if anyone has one.
>
> In some books .... at
> the back back of the book is a list,
> which contains for any citation a couple of words
> from the referenced sentence and then the source.
>
> For instance, suppose there appears on page 100 a paragraph containing,
"His
> legs were so long and his pants so short that soldiers could see his hairy
> ankles above his socks."  In the back of the book the citations come as a
list,
> and one item on that list might be,
> "\textit{soldiers could see} OR, C Dunkin, p. 1031."

Perhaps the optional note parameter in my-doc.bib is what you want

@book{AW.Brooks.2011-Design-of-Design,
     author   ={Frederick P. {Brooks Jr.}},
     title    ={The Design of Design},
     publisher={Addison-Wesley},
     year     = 2010,
     note     ={421 pp., 28 chap., index: 20 pp.;
     history of the design process in many disciplines,
     besides software},
     url      =
{
http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/product/Design-of-Design-The-Essays-from-a-Computer-Scientist/9780201362985.page
}}

[9] Frederick P. Brooks Jr. The Design of Design. Addison-Wesley, 2010. URL
http:
//
www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/product/Design-of-Design-The-Essays-from-a-
Computer-Scientist/9780201362985.page. 421 pp., 28 chap., index: 20 pp.;
history of the
design process in many disciplines, besides software.

Ron Fehd  Atlanta GA