[texhax] trouble with textile utility

Yusuf Johnson yusuf.johnson at uct.ac.za
Fri Jun 26 08:51:53 CEST 2015

Hello,
I have had MaxTex 2014 installed via dvd in previous year (2014), on Yosemite, (mac os) but my TexLive utility never worked properly - it did not update (always failed). Now that the MacTex 2015 is available, i hoped to correct this and did the following:
1. I installed the Mactex 2015 but still the Tex Live utility had the same problem
2. I then uninstalled the entire tex on my system via the guidance of the TUG website.
3. Re-Installed the MacTex 2015 i.e. the mactex-20150613.pkg and still Text Live utility fails. It is as if the Tex Live is not installed; but I assumed that the macTex package does this by default (standard installation)?
Please help me to find the problem and correct this time.
Thank you for the kind help.
Much regards
yusuf
 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.