[texhax] Seeking Advice

McKinley, Stephen Carl mckinle at indiana.edu
Fri Jul 17 16:38:48 CEST 2015

Greetings T.U.G. Support Folks,

My name is Steve McKinley, and I am a faculty member in the math department at Indiana University.  I am working on producing a new edition of a math textbook with two professors in our department.   Unfortunately, the publisher has given us Latex files that contain the manuscript of the previous edition, but the code is outdated and we are unable to compile the book effectively (we get hundreds of errors, all dealing with issues related to font creation).

Also unfortunately, none of the three of us are very Tex savvy, so we are unable to effectively rewrite the code so that it will compile correctly.   We have searched our campus and city for any and all available sources of help with this problem, all to no avail.   Thus, I am contacting you as a last resort, in the hopes that you might have some advice or information that will help us solve the problem.   In particular, if there is a local chapter of T.U.G. here in Bloomington, Indiana, that we might contact for assistance, we would be very grateful to have their contact information, and in general, if there is any advice that you can give us that will help in any way, we would also be very appreciative.

Thank you very much for your time and energy,

steve mckinley
Senior Lecturer
Academic Coordinator
Department of Mathematics