[texhax] Hyperref and print

Paul Gessler pdgessler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:32:37 CEST 2015

Hi Michael,

You can also use the ocgcolorlinks option when loading hyperref. This
puts the link colors in Optional Content Groups (OCGs) inside the PDF.
When viewed on-screen, the color is shown, but when printed, the link
appears black. I've used it with success in many documents.

The disadvantage is that the package code does not support linebreaks
within URLs when this option is set. A workaround for this limitation
was devised by Ben Lerner; the code for which is available at TeX
Stack Exchange if you require it:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/47309/21344 . Please take note of the
caveats mentioned in the answer if you decide to use the code. They
could prove to be a serious drawback in a high-volume production
environment such as a journal.

Good luck with the experiments!

PG