[texhax] February 2015 TUG news: darmstadt, membership, tugboat

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Fri Feb 27 22:29:16 CET 2015

Hello TeX-ers,

As I write this it is full-on winter here in northern New England,
and we have not seen the good side of the freezing point in weeks.
So I'm especially cheered by the thought of our first announcement,
a warm Annual TUG Meeting.  It is great to have in mind.  I hope I will
see you there.

1) Our big news is the announcement of the details of the 2015 TUG
conference, scheduled for July 20-22 (Monday-Wednesday).

  http://tug.org/tug2015/

This is the 36th Annual Meeting, in Darmstadt, Germany (just south of
Frankfurt).

Of course there will be interesting talks and interesting people.
There are also plans for social events, including dinner and
an outing.  For more information visit the web page above
but the key dates right now:
- the bursary application is due by April 10,
- the deadline for abstracts for presentation proposals is May 1,
- the deadline for the early bird registration discount is May 15.
So start making plans!

2) In addition to the TUG meeting, here are three more upcoming conferences
that promise to be well worth attending.

  * BachoTeX 2015, Bachotek, Poland, April 29-May 3, 2015.
  http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/

  * ExpoLaTeX 2015, The Catholic University of Peru, Lima, Peru,
  July 20-24, 2015.  http://expolatex.com/

  * ConTeXt 2015, Nasbinals, France, September 14-18, 2015.
  http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2015/

3) Let me remind everyone of TUG's membership drive.  It is about
members bringing members so if you know someone who is a friend of TeX,
please invite them to join.  The form is at http://tug.org/join.html
and your friend can look at the main web site http://tug.org for full
information on what we do.  Your invitation will help TeX, help your
friend, help TUG, and it will make you eligible for a prize: the
details are at the membership campaign web site http://tug.org/membership.

4) The deadline for submissions to appear in TUGboat 36:1 is March 6.
We are always interested in articles over a wide range of subjects and
directed at a wide range of readers.  We particularly welcome tutorials
and introductions.  See http://tug.org/TUGboat/location.html for more,
including submission tips.

For the Board and for TUG President Steve Peter, Happy TeXing.
Jim Hefferon
TUG Vice President
2015-Feb-21